Islamic republic of Iran Passport.
Passport is a formal document issued by an authorized official of a country to one of its citizens that is usually necessary for exit from and reentry into the country, that allows the citizen to travel in a foreign country in accordance with visa requirements, and that requests protection for the citizen while abroad. A visa is a document issued by a government to foreign visitors, providing them with legal entry into a foreign country.
A passport is used to verify one’s country of citizenship. Passports include your photo, name, birth date, gender, national Id (Melli) and birth certificate ( Shenasnameh) number.
there are two types of passports that can be issued in Iran, regular passports and
anyone whose father is Iranian cannot get a visa and must obtain an Iranian passport in order to travel to Iran. for a newborn from an Iranian father, you need to obtain a separate passport and cannot be added to parent’s passport. only father can apply for a passport of children under 18.
Iranian passports expire in 5 years and cannot be extended.
following documents to get a new passport issued:
- The Original and a photocopy of old passport
- The original Birth Certificate (Shenasname), as well as a photocopy of all the pages. (Birth certificate of individuals above 15 years of age must contain an ID photo)
- A photocopy of the individuals residence permit card or foreign passport
- 2 passport photos (2*2 inches) passport photos taken within the past six month, (Including a full face, front view, open eyes, a plain white background & without a hat, glasses or neck scarves). According to the regulations of the IRI, women applicants should be wearing head scarves.
- photocopy of Completion of Military Service or Exemption from Service, or applying for granting permission to exit twice a year (90 days in one year) for those required to do Military service.
- A photocopy of national (Karte Melli) card.
- Obtained barcode from Mikhak website.
Our office can obtain your passport in one week.
If you have any questions, please contact us.